This National Telco provider needed an alarm management system to improve operational resilience and get the right contractor to the right problem quickly.
Logical provided a bespoke Alarm Management system which integrated with their existing NETCOOL systems and provided specific drill down descriptions which allowed for alarms to be pinpointed down to the exact facility and location in the entire country.
A complex Alarm Matrix was developed to help determine priorities, where the alarms needed to get to , who the alarms needed to get to and rigorous testing phases
Integration across all systems of the facility including:
- Generator Systems
- DC Power Plant
- CRAC Units
- Fire Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Power Rail Monitoring Systems
Networked multiple sites on a Virtual Machine Farm and into the one hierarchical WebCTRL® system.
Whilst also interfacing to the Corporate Network via SNMP using NETCOOL to GNOC services
Included a unique architecture design with multiple stakeholders needing collaboration from global viewpoints.
- Saving significantly by reducing resource call-out costs
- Alarms are very basic with on/off style activation.
- All alarms are considered critical.
- Resource callouts are at significant cost.
- Alarms can be detailed.
- Threshold alarm triggers.
- Priority based alarming
- The solution will allow for analysis & the ability to manage equipment i.e. turn it on or off, remotely.